Thursday, April 12, 2012

Franken: As If She Mean It

Hi kids!  I hope you're all doing well today!  I'm in the mood to show you two franken "dupes" that I've been working on, so let's take a look at the first one!


 I've always had a lemming for Deborah Lippmann's Lady Sings the Blues but I always resist pulling the trigger and ordering it.  I sent my BFF a text and asked if she supported me attempting to dupe it, and of course she was all for it.  I mean, I still want the real thing, but I am pretty happy with how this turned out.  I actually made two bottles, because the hazard of texting my friend about frankens is that I have to send her one in the mail =P


From pictures, I came up with this, As If She Mean It.  I can pretty much guarantee that it isn't a perfect dupe.  Swatches online have been helpful in the past, but it's hard to pin down a polish when I can't see it in person.  In any case, I do kind of love this franken.  It satisfies my lemming for now!


The finish is a little dull, so I top coated for these photos.  It brings out the shiny and squishy jelly appearance that I wanted.  I love how polishes like this become a jelly sandwich in a bottle and I particularly love dark, midnight blue jellies.


Stay tuned for tomorrow when I show you my second franken dupe attempt!  Thanks for reading!

5 comments:

  1. That is amazing. A lot of depth to it. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know how close it is because I don't own the DL either but your franken is gorgeous!! Really loving everything about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Uh what a pretty blue franken! Love the dept.

    ReplyDelete