Friday, February 10, 2012

Valentine's Day Mani: Hearts on a Vine

Hello there!  Today I'm back in the V-day swing with a simple and cute design.  I wanted to throw something together with my favorite nail polish color, so I grabbed for a bright minty green and when from there.


 There's not too much to say about this.  It was a quick freehand design that followed a few more complex nail art failures.  The base is Avon's Jade from their Nailwear Pro line and the vines are also from that line of polish in Olive Green.  The hearts are done in Ulta's Coral Chic.


And as you can see, I wasn't thinking about photographing it because I accidentally painted the heart on my thumb in the opposite direction for photos!


Here's a solo shot to make up for that.


And of course, I can always just pretend that I don't have a thumb!

In other news, I have some exciting stuff going on in the vein of frankening.  I've been glitter testing for weeks and have finally settled on some glitter to recreate my Star Trek Franken Collection as custom blended polishes.  I'm waiting on some mail, which unfortunately will probably take over a week to get here, but I'm going to test the waters and put them up for sale.  With the work I've done so far, I can say that they won't be exactly dupes of the original frankens, but I'm pretty confident that they will be better with better pigmentation and better formula.  

I'm also open for suggestion, so if you've seen a franken on my blog that you like outside of that collection that you'd like to see available, let me know.  This is the beginning of my venture and I'd love any feedback!

I hope you'll stay tuned for what's to come!  Thanks for reading!

6 comments:

  1. Very cute! I love this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do not even know how I ended up here, but I thought this post was good. I do not know who you are but certainly you are going to a famous blogger if you are not already ;) Cheers!
    ASICS Men's GEL-Kahana 5 Running Shoe

    ReplyDelete
  3. naturally like your website but you need to test the spelling on several of your posts. A number of them are rife with spelling issues and I find it very troublesome to tell the truth however I'll certainly come again again.
    Keen Women's Snowmass High Waterproof Winter Boot

    ReplyDelete