Friday, January 13, 2012

Zoya Gemma + Some Dots!

Remember my nail mail from the other day and how I warned you that the Zoya greens were definitely going to show up soon?  Well here's the first one, Zoya Gemma.  It's from the Spring 2011 Collection, before my life became completely devoted to nail polish, but I saw a swatch and wanted it like crazy!  I'm such a sucker for green.


Gemma is an olive green shade with a surprise inside.  It has flecks of purple that flash in the light.  I really love the color on its own, but the sparkle inside makes it really interesting.


It was hard to get a really awesome picture of the purple on the nail.  You can kind of see it in the other pictures, but I got one of the bottle that shows it.  It is subtle but there and definitely pretty.


I forgot to take pictures before I applied top coat.  I was in robot-zombie mode after an hour and a half of curling my hair, but I remembered that I wanted to take some pictures of this on its own after I had SVed my right hand. 


This is the finished mani that I went for.  I didn't want to stamp this, though I prepped it and let it dry in case I changed my mind.  Instead I went for polka dots again.


I didn't want to hide Gemma too much either, so I only went for a few.  I used China Glaze White on White (because I have a tiny tiny bit at the bottle of a bottle and it sucks to try to suck it up with a brush but works fine with a dotting tool), Finger Paints Black Expressionism, and Zoya Shawn.


I love these overlapping dots.  They're just so cute!  I threw on a layer of DS Top Coat then and called it good.  I had to go take my hair out of the pins and finish getting ready!


Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment