Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Water Color Nails

Hello there!  Today I have a cute little watercolor-esque mani to share with you.  I got the idea when Chalkboard Nails posted about it.  I wanted to give it a try myself.


I painted my nails with Color Club Earthy Angel as a base and while that was drying I decided to try some more of my dusty creams.


After the base color, I put down a thickish layer of SV top coat.  This protects the base from the next step.


I started by putting random dots of Ulta's Devious.  Then I took a brush and dipped it in pure acetone and diluted the dots on the nail to create a watercolor look.  I then repeated this with Ulta's Bam-Blue-Zled, Ulta's Limelight and Color Club's New Bohemian.


It looks a little bit like a splatter mani as well.  I absolutely love those too, but I hate hate hate the cleanup so this is a good alternative.  


Thanks for reading!




No comments:

Post a Comment