Monday, January 16, 2012

Sephora by OPI: 212-Sephora

The polish I'm going to show you today is actually one of the polishes I picked up when my stash was relatively small and actually fit in one shoe box-sized storage bin.  It's 212 Sephora by Sephora by OPI and it's one of my all time favorites because it pretty much has everything.


I distinctly remember looking at the tester and my eyes glazing over.  I had to have this in my life.  


I'm not sure what/if anything is different between OPI's normal formula and the Sephora by OPI polishes, but this and the only other Sephora by OPI that I own wear so well compared to a lot of my standard OPIs.  My husband was picking on me for painting my nails practically every day, usually because I am pretty hard on my manis and do a lot of typing, not to mention that I hate the inside of rubber cleaning gloves.  I hate to see the tip wear I usually get.  I decided I'd commit to a polish for a few days, just so he will stop being a pest about it.  This is ultimately the polish that I chose.


212 Sephora isn't just long-lasting, it's also gorgeous.  It's a black base filled with glitter, glitter and flakies.  I am especially drawn to the greenish hue of this polish, but aside from that, it has a lot going on to make it far more than just any black.  My favorite part is the copper flakies swimming around inside.  


Not to mention, holo glitter peeking out and flashing in the light too.


These pictures show three coats of color with Seche Vite and DS Top Coat.  It's a little sheer and you could definitely layer it, but I really love wearing it on its own.  At first, the three coats seemed like they might have been a little thick because with all the glitter inside this, there's a lot going onto the nail.  It also has a little bit of a gritty texture and likes to eat top coat, but I was just a tad generous with my SV and it smoothed and settle right down, like a good little polish!


I'm not sad at all to prove to the hubby that I can wear a polish for longer than a day!  

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment